Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

saji
Casual Contributor

mental health

feeling sad and lonely

12 REPLIES 12

Re: mental health

I’m sorry you feel that way @saji but can I say welcome to the forums and I hope you feel supported here.

i just wanna feel better

Hey @saji, thank you for reaching out to the Forums community!

Sorry to hear that you are not doing great tonight and I'm glad to see you connecting with others. What has worked for you when you have felt like this in the past? Do you have anyone who can support you right now? 

Take care 

RiverSeal 

no i know of no one who can support me and idk what to do when i feel ike this

I hear you. I have found the best thing I can do at these times is either distract myself from my negative thoughts, doing something I enjoy, or do something to make you feel good about yourself. For me, doing a small task I have been putting off for a long time usually works. It could be anything, like sorting a bookcase, cleaning my mirrored doors (did that one last night) or anything that you keep saying to yourself that you need to do. I always feel better about myself after and can sit back and enjoy my efforts.

how should i start

Sometimes it can be helpful to speak with someone when things are tough @saji . Do you use support lines like Beyond Blue or Lifeline? RiverSeal 

no i dont

What do you think about giving it a go to call them and have a chat @saji? I will add a few numbers here:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Lifeline Chat 

Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or Beyond Blue Webchat

1800 RESPECT: 1800 737 732, www.1800respect.org.au 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or Online Counselling 

Kids Helpline (up to ages 25): 1800 55 1800, http://kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/phone-counselling  

If in immediate danger: 000  www.triplezero.gov.au/triple-zero/How-to-Call-000

RiverSeal 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance