Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Coming in and out of reality

Hello and hugs ❤️ @Queenlithi 

A little tip to put a @ In front of members names so they can get your message 

My husband started on new meds and it does take time 

@Dimity , @Jynx , @tyme 

@Queenlithi I am so sorry to hear how hectic things are for you at the moment. I can imagine that it's incredibly frightening to have these disturbances, and it sounds like it's not something that feels familiar (like your mania), which would add a whole extra layer of overwhelm. 

I am concerned about the fact that you mention having a few traumatic weeks coming up. Trauma anniversaries? Just curious, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. But if you can think of anything the forums team could do to support you during this challenging time, feel free to let us know 💜

Hi @Queenlithi @Shaz51 

The battling can be tiring in itself. Showers and other grounding techniques are great - physical activity can also help me. Dunno if it's atypical but my breaks were mostly dark - maybe it's what they call a mixed episode. They seemed to happen when life stuff was happening. 

Looking back I've struggled but I've come through.  Some of the intrusive thoughts I now see as distractions I can let pass - my fear and resistance have lessened - perhaps because for me I now see many as arising from old cptsd. 

I hope you can get the help and support you need for your life matters from your partner and maybe professionals - especially if there's legal, financial and admin stuff you have to deal with.

Sleep well. You've done the right thing in reaching out to the forums. When you have time there's social threads and hobby interests and other things to explore. 

@Queenlithi another link Our coping toolbox 🧰 (this is the Lived Experience one)

Hey @Queenlithi ,

I'm sorry that it's been so rocky for you recently. It sounds like you have been through a lot. 

Please know we are here for each other and although we may feel like we are alone, there are others going through something similar.

We are in this together and want to support you through this. I'm glad you hear you've been able to sleep a little more.

Sleep can certainly affect us, then then the lack of sleep also affects us! It can be an ongoing battle!

Please rest up and hope to see you around.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance