Skip to main content
Julianlola
New Contributor

Bipolar husband

After an extremely MANIC 36ish hours of my beloved BP1 partner "entertaining" me with his non stop, unpunctuated musings about the world in general, I made a coffee, ran out in the backyard, seeking 2 minutes of silent peace to watch the clouds in the afternoon sky. I left my beloved in the garage organising the household extention cords because "they really should be wound into tight, neat coils". Mania can be helpful around the house occassionally unless the "blue cord" is missing. Apparently the appropriate response to this is snapping into a rage and ripping the front door off its hinges. 

Does anyone else ever get to Sunday afternoon and feel guilty because they can't be bothered cooking dinner cos Im exhausted? Some days can be a real challenge. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bipolar husband

Hey there @Julianlola ,

I hear how exhausting this sounds!

Maybe it's about putting your feet up and making yourself a cuppa?

Does your hubby have any professional supports?

Hi @Julianlola 

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Well, you gave me a little giggle with your obvious patience and humour that comes through your writing, but of course it would be perfectly natural to sneak off somewhere at times and hide from family with a cuppa/block of chocolate, etc. even without 36 hours of elevated mood and a lost door.

Do you and your partner have a management plan for these times? Is he aware when he's in an episode? Just wondering whether you could bust out the frozen meals/order in as part of a coping plan for both of you? 

Hope you're both doing ok 👍

Hi @Julianlola 

That sounds like a well deserved and needed 2minute coffee and cloud break to me!  Good on you for recognising that you needed a break and actually taking it.

Like you said, some days can be a real challenge... do you have supports that you can utilise at times like this?  Other family or friends, or even professional supports for your husband?

Are you able to get some food delivered or pick up some take away on days like these? Or even when you are making meals during the week, put the leftovers in the freezer so you have something on hand on those days where you need those extra few minutes of "you" time?

Warm regards

SkySeeker22