Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Just showed her again how to get on foxtel @NatureLover She wants to watch the Carlton game but can't understand that it doesn't start till after 4pm. Patience needed 😏

Anyway, how are you going today?

Oh dear, @Snowie  😣

You must have the patience of a saint. 

I'm OK thanks. Got to go out and meet friends today. I just want to stay at home quietly. I know you understand. 

How are you feeling this morning? 

I understand @NatureLover Went to a friends house for dinner last night. Hubby wanted to go. Just wanted to stay at home and hide. Prn helped a little.

I hope your outing goes ok hon. Can you choose how long you have to be there for? It is so hard being around others at time.

Feel like sh*t this morning. Not much sleep last night.

If you can do it, I can do it! @Snowie 

It's at a busy shopping centre for lunch, so yes, I can leave when I want to. Not my favourite outing. 

@Snowie wrote:

Feel like sh*t this morning. Not much sleep last night.

I'm sorry 😢 Can you nap during the day, or does that make it even harder to sleep the next night? 

Glad you can leave when you want @NatureLover but I can understand that you will need to stay for awhile.

A busy shopping centre is hard work. Especially on a weekend when it will be even busier. Yes you can get through it hon.

If I have a nap I won't sleep tonight so will just grin and bear it. I have to go up the street but besides that I can chill at home.

Yes, the last place I want to be is a busy shopping centre. I don't even want to have a shower and get dressed up. 

I'm glad you can chill after going up the street. I hope today is bearable for you 💙

@Snowie 

It's hard when we have no motivation to do anything @NatureLover Sometimes we just have to force ourselves to do these things.

I really hope you can at least enjoy some moments of it today.

Why are 3 words "how are you" so hard to answer.

They just say it because it is the right thing to do. They don't want to know the truth.

Hi @Snowie 🙂

I absolutely ask myself this.. (and sometimes the other!) every time I hear this..

I agree with you that they don't want to know the truth.. most people anyway. Something I have learned as a late diagnosed neurodivergent person is that the social niceties we have in this world, do not make sense, and therefore, I feel the struggle to connect is even harder, but.. could this be solved with mere honesty and curiosity for one another, I wonder?

What are your thoughts?

@PizzaMondo totally agree. They do not make sense, I struggle to connect with people. Even with my supports when they ask, I struggle to tell them how I really am feeling. It is years of well learnt lies.

You see someone down the street, they ask "How are you?" Do they really want the truth? No. I don't think they would know how to respond to me if I said the truth. They just want a yes, you say it back to them, they say yes, niceties over.

One of the reasons why I avoid people, look the other way, walk the other way. It's too hard to have those conversations. All they do is talk about how good their life is. Complete opposite to mine. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance