Skip to main content

Re: Budgeting Page

@Shaz51 @Glisten @tonys @Dimity @Blackbird11 @hanami @StanD @TAB @NatureLover @Historylover @Kyle1 @Oaktree @Meowmy 

DIY HYALURONIC SKIN SERUM FOR PENNIES. 

Just making my own hyroluronic skin serum today to save money. I don't know why the commercial brands cost so much when you can easily make it for next to nothing. Its mega $AVINGS!!! I don't understand its just only two ingredients which is hardly worth anything with a huge profit margin involved with commercially made brands - the ingredients are distilled water and a tiny amount of hyaluronic powder and they want to extract profits from that simple equation.

Was it you @hanami that was going to make it, I'm telling you its so easy to do! I realise the commercial brands are an absolute highway robbery now I know how to make it easily with little or no effort on my part. You just pour the 1/4 tsp hyaluronic powder in, add 100ml distilled water and shake. Then refrigerate and pull out of fridge every 10 minutes to re-shake for up to an hour. It turns into a nice gooey serum very quickly. Its hard to break up the powder floating around in the distilled water, requires a bit of vigorous shaking but you can see the lovely serum forming. 

Well I guess thats a look into what goes on inside skincare manufacturing industry as far as hyaluronic serum is concerned. I don't think I'll be buying any commercial brand hyaluronic serums ever again! So easy and simple to do. A huge savings per month plus you know theres no preservatives or additives.

I don't think its even worth buying [edited by moderator] a generic cosmetics brand costing around $10 that has no fancy packaging, advertising marketing or celebrity endorsements.  Theres no magic or allure about making hyaluronic serum whatsoever plus it won't break the bank.

One small sachet of hyaluronic powder will last for years as you only use tiny miniscule amounts and all you need from the supermarket is distilled water - Its that simple!!!

I do however like the benefits of this remarkable serum. It makes your skin look supple and hydrated beyond anything I have tried before. 

I also intend to add vitamin C to the serum before I apply to my skin.  Apparently you cant dissolve the vitamin C together with the hyaluronic serum when you first make it, only when you dispense it in your hand.

It works out to savings of over $40/month or even more and you can apply it to your whole body not just your face 

Well there you have it DIY hyaluronic serum, that costs virtually nothing to make.  

https://skinlighteningbeautyguide.com/diy-vitamin-c-serum-with-hyaluronic-acid/

Hyaluronic Serum.jpeg

That's so good @SmilingGecko 

Thank you 😊 

To be honest I am annoyed with these companies @Blackbird11 My affordable DIY hyaluronic serum is ready to go. I thought it may be difficult to make but it wasn't. You end up saving hundreds a year. The serums are usually made just for the face possibly for economy reasons but you can do it for entire body coverage at no extra cost. Anyway I have been delighted with my easy to make serum. Things are getting so costly so I'm cutting corners as much as possible. Thought I'd share and show people how to cut back and enjoy great skin for next to nothing.

@SmilingGecko  If only there was diy IPL, BBL, PRP & Disport.

There is hair removal like IPL using sound frequencies on the internet @Glisten 

@Glisten @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @Oaktree @TAB @Kyle1 @Dimity @StuF 

Went to Not Quite Right (NQR) A big discount grocery store in Melbourne and got plant based yoghurt within useby date. The normal price is $6.80 retail I got it for $2.50. Saw some plant based cheese there too I used to spend $9 for Biocheese at Woolies I got a different brand of plant based cheese for a month for $4.50 each. Went into Reject Shop and got 6 cakes of soap for $6.50, retail cost at Woolies is $8.80. Saved $22.40 so far this month.  Its worth signing up to NQR, Reject Shop and Warehouse Clearance catalogues checking them whenever you can. I only buy what I need as its not worth going to all the trouble trying to save money if you spend it on something else. 

Put some savings into my micro bonds and credit union accounts

WINNING!

im going to reject shop soon for soap and things same stuff, way cheaper @SmilingGecko 

@TAB I always love Dove soap from The Reject Shop its so non-drying and very moisturising for the skin. At the height of the pandemic was washing my hands a lot. Tried using other soaps but they cracked and irritated my skin. Dove is a great soap. No matter how often you wash your hands the soap won't dry out your skin 🙂 

How did your trip to the dentist go TAB is everything fixed now?

oh teeth fixed for now @SmilingGecko  will need 2 crowns now tho

No good. I guess you will get around to it when you are ready @TAB!  I just bought some meat in bulk from Our Cow instead of Cherry Tree and saved quite a lot of money. I usually buy meat for a month but decided to go with another business and do the bulk buy option instead. Bought meat in one kg packs I've saved $45/month I buy mince meat normally as its the cheapest cut of meat to work with. So far with NQR/Reject/OurCow have saved a total $67.00 for the month. Not bad