Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Managing your anxiety during uncertain times - with WayAhead // Tues 25th August, 7-8:30PM AEST

Thanks @SallyMartin .

Ive been able to leave the house but I've not met up with anyone to do social things again. I've felt overwhelmed at having coffee with anyone. Maybe it's not social anxiety as such but more feeling overwhelmed with being in company with others. 

@eth  sorry you are going through this again too. For me this is somewhat new. 

Re: Topic Tuesday// Managing your anxiety during uncertain times - with WayAhead // Tues 25th August, 7-8:30PM AEST

@eth wrote:

@SageSolid  I think @Peonies  comment above was for you.  I also thought if you want to chat more some time I usually hang out on A long rave  during the week and on Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  on the weekend.  You can use the @ button to tag me anywhere if you feel like it.

Thanks! I've only just joined today and getting used to this platform but I'll get more into it as time goes. I had to switch from Android to P.C. to keep up LOL

Hey everyone,

Sadly, we’ve reached the end of our discussion for tonight. I have learned so many wonderful tips and strategies from you all. I will certainly be trying @SallyMartin  relaxation tip and see how that goes! What is one thing that you will be trying?

A big thank you to @SallyMartin  for coming along to tonight’s discussion and sharing with us about your personal story. For more information about WayAhead and their fantastic work, please check out their website here.

If you want to know more about anxiety disorders, how treatment helps, and how you can help yourself or others with an anxiety disorder, you can also take a look at our factsheet and guide.

I will leave the thread open until tomorrow morning for any last discussions. Have a good night everyone and see you around the forums!

@Peonies @SallyMartin @SageSolid @Anastasia @Shaz51 @Teej  I start most days spending some time doing mandala colouring and during that time I just notice what's bothering me and if necessary jot down a note about if there's something I need to do to address it - I am surrounded by post-it notes!  but I just continue the colouring for a while.  Another mindfulness practice for me is cooking to share with others which I do once a week.  I also make sure I have some quiet time lying down most afternoons, doing nothing but breathing.  And I write poems and short stories sometimes.  Since covid started I've journalled every day too - just basic notes about what I do when but sometimes a longer rave about something I'm dealing with (or not!).

Having a basic daily routine is also helpful tho' I rarely actually stick to it.  And getting some exercise and spending time outside.  

I also have a Wellness Recovery Action Plan in which I have a Wellness Toolbox that's a list of things I do when I'm well, that I can refer to when I feel the need.

When anxiety is flaring it's often hard to remember to do the things that help us feel better.

Thanks @SageSolid  and welcome to the forums 😊

For me the performance anxiety is a big one that I'm hyper aware of. Thanks for your comment about everyone being more worried about themselves. It's one to think about. 

thank you @SallyMartin , @Peonies , for a good night

@SageSolid, @Teej , @Snowie , @Anastasia , @eth , @Tan1 , @Emelia8 , see you all around on the forum Smiley Very HappyHeart

Thanks @Peonies and @SallyMartin 

I would like to thank everyone who has been on the Forum tonight and of course SANE Aust. for holding these events.   It has been wonderful reading your questions and responses, thank you for having me and I wish you all the very best for the future

Thank you @SallyMartin @Peonies @@for all you shared tonight. I have spent 10 weeks in hospital this year and now, whenever I go out I am overcome with anxiety / panic. I will read through this again and grab some tips. I am often told by well meaning friends and family to just pull myself together.

@Peonies wrote:

@Sage It is difficult when your loved ones don't understand what you're going through. While it took some time for your dad, I am really glad to hear that he had came around for you Heart 

Thanks @Peonies . We hadn't spoken for years and then he came around. We became best friends again for a few years before he passed. At least we got to say the things we never really said.

Thanks again Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance