Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Negative symptoms

I am having a lot of trouble with negative symptoms (in relation to schizoaffective disorder) and I am not sure what to do. I don’t feel depressed but I am just struggling to do anything. It takes me ages to do anything I do manage and it isn’t because I don’t want to but I feel like I can’t get my head around doing the task like I cannot coordinate my mind and body properly. It is even hard to speak. I am frustrated because I have things I need to do but I just can’t get it done. Organizational strategies and that stuff doesn’t help either because I already know what I need to do and how to do it but I just cannot make myself do it. I feel very locked inside myself as well and I don’t know how to describe it but I don’t feel right. 

Does anyone else struggle with this issue? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Negative symptoms

@Eden1919 

Yes i struggle with this. I get disorganised thoughts and don't want to talk over the phone. I think you have to really make your choices count and accept that it can get hard when making decisions and gradually get involved in the decision making process by exposure but whatever works.

Re: Negative symptoms

@Everan  Yes I do try to make changes so I can do small things but it still takes a lot of effort. I am sorry you also struggle with this. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance