Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

I don’t usually hug either @Snowie but this one was ok. The food here is pretty good with lots of salad options plus some comfort food like cake / muffins for morning tea. The meals aren’t served too early either.

Some people get really dressed up here but others are more casual and barefooted.

Ive nearly reread Ash Barty’s book

and I love it.

Your meal sounds good tonight. I do some of my mother’s recipes too.

Glad to hear the food is good @Eve7 Even better when we don't have to cook it!

We had a fridge and a place to make tea/coffee on our ward which was good. Could store food in the fridge so didn't have to go down to the dining room all the time.

Do you have something like that set up?

I certainly would be the more casual type but have shoes on!

I'm glad you are enjoying the book hon. Are you normally a big reader? Have you got your next book lined up?

I cook a vegetable soup that my Nan used to cook and then my mum used to cook. Was always cooked when we were sick. Do the same for my kids I like the handing down of recipes. 

Hi @Eve7  and @Snowie , I'm a non-hugger too. I feel bad about flinching as it's only other people being kind and loving to me. I try to hide my reaction from them. But at the same time I'm not being honest and authentic. It bothers me. 

@Eve7  I agree, 4 weeks sounds better then 6 weeks. Are they doing any meds changes while you are in there? 

Well done for visiting your Mum and having quality time. 

@Snowie  Did you agree to the monthly ECT? 

Just about all my meds have been changed @NatureLover not easy.

I hope this week is better for you 💛😊💛

Oh gosh, all your meds! @Eve7  😮 

Not easy at all. Plus every time you go in they seem to change your meds. Must be so difficult 🫂

Thanks for your good wishes, I'm coming good slowly and am psyching myself up to go back to work tomorrow ❤️

Good morning @Eve7 

Changing meds is really hard. I'm glad you are doing it whilst you are in hospital, instead of trying to cope by yourself.

I think it's an ECT day so hoping that goes ok for you.

Sending lots of squishy hugs and 💗💗

@NatureLover yes did agree to monthly ECT sessions.

I'm sick...not covid so it must be "man" flu because I feel dreadful. I couldn't have ECT yesterday and won't be having it tomorrow either. Waiting for results on flu swabs and xray. I may as well go home.

Staying in bed for the 3rd day. I see you're unwell too @Snowie I'm sorry hon and I hope you are better soon...we can keep each other company.

Sorry your unwell @Eve7  hoping your better soon so that it doesn’t feel like a waste being in there. At least you don’t have to cook and clean..

Sorry to hear @Eve7 that you are not feeling well.

I hope everything comes back ok. Seems to be a lot of germs flying around at the moment.

Sorry to hear you're sick on top of everything else @Eve7 😢

Hope it's not Covid and that you feel better very quickly 🤞💛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance