Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

Goodnight @oceangirl 💕

Haha @oceangirl
"hams" is a good one.
Some say Hamso but I like Hams too

Hope you are good today. It can be hard to open up I sometimes find. However it can help in real life too I think

@MDT 

Morning hope you have a good day too. 

Morning @oceangirl 👋💕

Morning @Faith-and-Hope @oceangirl @MDT @Meowmy @Ali11 and whoever else I have missed.

Hope there is some good in your day Heart

@oceangirl @Thanks for reply. Hope you recover well from surgery. Have a good walk by the lake. I am planning to go swimming. Have a nice day.

@Snowie @Thanks. I hope to feel better from tough morning too. Have a good day.

Morning @Snowie  @Meowmy  @Faith-and-Hope  @MDT  @Ali11 

Have a good day!! Love you all..

Enjoy your swim @Meowmy 

Hope you had a great day @oceangirl, and how was the swim @Meowmy? Some really good advice earlier @Faith-and-Hope, the visualisation exercise is one a few NLP practitioners use. To do with our body following our mind, so if we can put our mind into a place we feel safe and confident, then our body is supposed to follow.

There was a Tony Robbins video on youtube a while back that had him taking a group through a breathing exercise. They had to stand with their hands on their hips in a 'superhero' pose, and do 2 minutes of deep breaths in through their nose and out through their mouths. He talked about a Harvard study showing that just doing that could reduce cortisol levels significantly and help them feel instantly more confident. It can be tough to remember those exercises when you're in a stressful situation though.

Okay ..... so that’s why I do that @Ali11 , and here I was thinking I was a superhero without a cape ..... 😏

Just playing a little bit, but I hear you, and I like the idea.  I do actually do that, but when I am feeling tired and a bit puffed, and hands-on-hops was just a comfortable thing to do to brace my back a bit ..... which is where I tend to hold tension ..... so I just learned something valuable,  

Thank you 🙏 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance