Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hdjf827
New Contributor

Anxiety & AHs

Hi!

just putting this out there to see if anyone else has, or has ever heard of auditory hallucinations with anxiety?

I hear two voices that seem to focus on my weight and anything I eat or even any food. They are not commanding or scary type voices but unfortunately are still extremely irritating, and I find it really shameful to have these two voices.

They mostly make me feel guilt and shame - nothing else.

I've been wondering if my brain has created these two voices to be intertwined with weight problems and the anxiety just makes them go round a voice-hearing merry go round!??!

Would love to know if anyone else has experience auditory hallucinations from anxiety????

Do you have any hints for coping?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anxiety & AHs

Hi @Hdjf827,

You could try the Coping Box thread  It's just general help, but  it might assist you a little.

Take care 

Hi @Hdjf827 

I hear voices that come and tell me things. My psychiatrist says to not give them any attention but this is hard. I find the best thing that has helped me is to listen to meditation music. This has a soothing effect and helps you think better. I also am practising listening to podcasts to get the mind active as the voices are in the background now. I don't know how but spend time pampering your mind, also deny thoughts and make good decisions.

I have not had voices in my head but have had issues for a couple years with music playing in my head all the time, it really bothered me and was really prominent when I am anxious and stressed. I started taking an anti depressant and have found significant relief.  I also found reading very helpful as it keeps your focus on something. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance