Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Agoraphobia sux

Iv got 3 appointments in a row this week- Monday, Teusday & Wednesday-

with my agoraphobia & CPTSD- I don't think I will be able to get to them all- 

On Friday i sent a txt to my support worker( although technically she is not really a support worker- she just connects me with other agencies) & told her I don't think I will make our appointment on Monday because I am really struggling with my headspace and agoraphobia at the moment & asking her if I can't make it - should we do a phone appointment instead - which is what we have done the last 3 or 4 times had phone appointments - she didn't respond-

Now I don't know if She is expecting me- going to phone me- pissed off at me- I don't know what is going on which is impacting me & going to make it even harder to get there-she is in a new office which is also making it harder for me to get there. 

Last time we had a phone appointment she didn't tell me I was on speaker until half way through the conversation after I had been talking for ages about very personal & private things which made me feel very unsafe & violated- so I don't feel I can talk freely now if we do have a phone appointment & how many other times has she had me on speaker that I didn't know about?😭

-Teusday I have a counsellor apt. I'm going to try to get to that because it will be beneficial for me-so think I will be ok with that one hopefully fingers crossed as OK as you can be in this situation. 

Weds I have an apt at the hospital & I really really don't feel good about going there after the treatment I got last time it was pretty traumatic-not to mention the doctor I had been seeing has been rotated & apparently I have to see a new doctor- I don't think I have the strength to start all over from scratch with a new doctor- I just don't think I can do it. Especially after the other doctor kept promising to get me the support I needed , repeatedly, get a social worker for me, get me into the groups- since December last year when I started seeing him asking him for support & nothing eventuated- I got turned away & case closed & told to find support outside of hospital- which I did- wasn't helping-I was told I could not take the groups again as I had previously taken them EIGHT Years Ago- when my daughter was born & I couldn't leave the house due to agoraphobia-at that stage I couldn't even get into the mother & baby unit at the hospital to get the help I needed- so I went to these groups after slowly desensitising myself with mothers with anxiety groups, & these hospital groups were the main thing that helped me get on top of my agoraphobia & get confidence as I felt understood & accepted these groups were the thing that helped me improve-I was told the groups did not have a revolving door policy-& once you have had access to the information you don't get to come back again-this broke me after being promised a place in them for months on end, I asked for a social worker- I was told "what for?"-😭

I  get re-referred he said he would definitely be pushing my case to get support this time he would make them listen & take me on- only to be rotated? Like wth ?? Surely he must have known he was up for rotation why would he make these promises to me AGAIN only to let me down again?!?

so I really don't think I can face all of that again- IF IF IF I can even get to the hospital with the agoraphobia because i find extremely difficult as I feel scared & unsafe there because of some of the people-it is a horrible environment to be in 

I am scared if I call them up & say I can't go I will get in trouble which is putting more pressure on myself & I just don't know what to do about it. 

I cant take much more of this- this is no way to live. I feel like I am literally a prisoner trapped in a nightmare with no way out. I am exhausted & I don't have the Strength to go through the hospital situation again if I can even physically get there.

Agorophobia & CPTSD is something I would not wish on my worst enemy . 😭

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Agoraphobia sux

Hello @Serenity1 

That sounds exhausting.  It is interesting that there are times that you have managed to attend groups and meetings in the past and I am guessing at the start they were hard to get to as well.  So I am wondering what strategies you used before to help you maintain those appointments?

Take care, MummaMia

Hi @Serenity1 , that sounds like so much for you to handle.  I read all of your post, but, don't have the time to do a good response now.  Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and to hang in there as best you can.  You are doing amazing to keep it together for yourself and daughter.  It doesn't sound like you have been getting care or understanding that you deserve.  Far from it.  I'd be so mad about things. Heart

Hi the only strategy I use is to not make the appointment before about 11am that way I have plenty of time to "prepare " myself by literally getting into a zone & talking myself into being able to go-amping myself up- also because I tend to do a lot of obsessive compulsive checking of things on the way out -( I think as an avoidance or delay? ) I need extra time to be able to get there-
Apart from that there is nothing I do-
If I am in an OK to positive headspace it is obviously easier for me to get there- if I am in a very bad headspace & STRUGGLING (as I was) it is near impossible to get there & sometimes/ very often I literally cannot.
I managed to get to all 3 appointments- but was a massive struggle. Had to force myself every second of the way. Thanks for your comment @MummaMia

Thanks so so much @Gazza75 - I'm sorry I didn't respond to your comment earlier- ( so stressed/so much going on 😭)-I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your kindness & compassion & the time you take to reply to my posts💖🌺it is really so caring of you & your supportive words mean so much & help so much! I notice you regularly are the first to comment on alot of posts lately & that is so thoughtful & caring of you - you have been a massive help to me lately & I really appreciate you for that & Thankyou so so much! You should feel really proud of yourself as you are an amazing person you are definitely making a positive difference to my experience- & you obviously have a huge & kind heart! 💖 Thankyou again for your very touching kind words of support X

@greenpea @PrincessLettuce you may be interested in my response since you liked @MummaMia 's comment 😊

Your welcome @Serenity1. Can't write much as I am an phone.  I. Appreciate your kind words. I try and respond to messages if.no.one.elae has. Hope you are having a nice weekend and your daughter is. OK. Take care. ❤️❤️

That is very kind of you @Gazza75 yes my daughter is happy thanks been spending lots of quality time together having fun 💖 Enjoy your day 😊

@MummaMia @greenpea @PrincessLettuce I just remembered another thing that impacts greatly-
If it is a one on one appointment I am usually ok & force myself through. If it is more than one person, group situation, busy, crowded waiting room etc- I struggle & usually freeze/ or flee bcos I find it too hard to process all the energies, body language, subtle nuances, unspoken communications etc. it is an overload that is too much- so depending on the situation & how many ppl are involved impacts greatly 😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance