Skip to main content

Re: Does anyone want to talk

yeah i'm not a big fan of Sydney, it's definitely going to hurt me to see my bank account after the trip...

have you travelled much interstate or overseas @ArraDreaming ?

LOL @ArraDreaming that is hilarious!!

Reminds me of this Irish saying I heard, referring to a coffin as a 'wooden onesie' 🤣🤣 Dunno why I thought of that but there ya go

Hahaha I love that @Jynx
Jynx and @rav3n speaking of Sydney are you following cookiegate?
My Mrs keeps watching videos about it and talking about it so I looked it up
And ahhhh 😂😂😂😂 IT IS SO FUNNY

@rav3n a couple of interstate trips here and there but really not a lot, my most recent trip was to FNQ to visit my sister in law her partner and their kids, my dream is a road trip with my family to where I am from

Not a clue what Cookiegate is @ArraDreaming I'll have to look it up after work.... unless you can summarise? 👀

Give me a tick @Jynx I can summarise

Basically, there is this huge cookie company in America that is super popular and people have been asking it to come here
So these guys made a look alike social media page for it, imported 1000 of the cookies, I think they went to America and bought them back somehow or made their own with the EXACT packaging of the real company, advertised they would be selling them in Sydney, like fully impersonating the company, and people waited hours, sold them $17 EACH from a trestle table out the front of a random trophy store, and then after their pop up stall people realised they may not be legit
and they arent
But the way they fully copied everything about the company and it looks so real
Only now are they backing down and saying “we are just fans” but never once did they specify they were just on selling 1 week old cookies fresh off a plane from the US, they led people to believe they were the legit business and said they were doing more pop ups 😂😂
$17 a friggen cookie @Jynx @I do think anyone stupid enough to line up for hours to pay $17 a cookie kind of gets what’s coming for them lol 

Look up Crumbled cookies 😂😂😂

@ArraDreaming wrote:
Yeah that was a customer who asked if I could speak English not a work mate so thankfully did not have to come face to face with some people all that often unless they were regulars @rav3n

Yeah I really like my job now did I tell you what I do

oh thank goodness! @ArraDreaming oo i don't think you have, what to do you do now?

I work in a retirement village, gardens and maintenance officer @rav3n

oh nice!! is where you're from Arrernte country or did i get the wrong location@ArraDreaming 

OMG so Crumbled Cookie aus version was basically a scam!?!?! My friend bought some HAHAH he said it didn't meet his expectations... now i know why 😂

woah that sounds cool! not as much face-to-face interactions in the role right? @ArraDreaming