Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

IMG_20181006_190445.png

Thank you @SunFlower_7 

Hi there @TAB @Faith-and-Hope @outlander and all passing. 

BEAUTIFUL SOULS!

Thanks @Former-Member - we have 2 pizza ovens up at the community farm bro and sil have shares in - I helped make one of them.  They're great.  The plan is to make one in our vegie garden eventually.    We do have a cast iron fire pit in the vegie garden, which I love to have a little fire in at night sometimes.

Image result for this is the awning of the cage of asparagus

But onto 'vintage'  @outlander and all - I used to have a vintage motorcycle ...

Image result for 1936 bsa victor roadster

My mother sold it for less than half it's value when I was in hospital. Nuff said.  I loved it so!

is that a picture of your actual bike? @eth

The pic is exactly the same as the one I had @outlander.

looks pretty stylish @eth
im not a fan of motorbikes- or riding them myself anyway, not brave enough for that

I'm not any more either @outlander  When I was going through a dv court case and manic and in flight state from PTSD I had a blackout while I was doing 80 in traffic - at least that's what I realised when I came to, still upright and travelling with traffic in lanes either side of me.  When I was 46.  Having another bike and getting my licence etc properly had been a dream ever since my mum sold the other one, but that put an end to it.  I parked the bike in a servo and couldn't even ride it home for 3 days.  When I did I parked it again and never rode it again.  3 years later I sold it for half what I paid even tho' it was in as new condition.  I couldn't stand looking at it any longer in the hope I'd get back on.

Oh dear @eth that mustve been hard for you back then. Hopefully you found a new dream to aim for

Not yet @outlander  - at least not anything that's turned out to actually be a good idea.  Have started a few things when manic that didn't work out when depression kicked in again.  Still taking baby steps and managing bp and cPTSD on a daily basis.  

Sorry folks this might not be the right place for this part of my story, but it is what is evoked in me every time I hear the word vintage.

Baby steps are enough @eth and sometimes the goal of the day is to simply get through to the end of the day

image.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance