Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

Yes it was a really tough mistake made by the umpires in the grand final @Former-Member The advantage certainly went to the Roosters as your Raiders were not in a position to defend at the time. Even if it had been overturned on review your guys would have been in a better position so it definitely influenced the outcome - absolutely crushed for you Smiley Sad

We got Birchall and Ellis-Yeoman in the trade period - both will be really great additions to our side. With Hodge retiring we needed another cool head in the backline and I think Birchall will fit that bill really well. We will still miss Hodge because he was a general on the field but Birchall may give us both that exoerience and more run off the backline. It was a shame to see Louis Taylor leave but he hadn't played many games this year so I hope he gets more chance with your Swannies.

Hey @Former-Member @Zoe7
Hope you arent too sleepy tonight like me lol.
Rugby tomorrow too. I think England might beat us but I hope we win.
Good night to you both 🙂

Yeah I think England will beat us too @Flying_Hams Smiley Sad

Sleep well buddy Smiley Very Happy

Evening everyone!!!!

I don't think we have met before @Former-Member  so hello to you fellow sports lover.......

Great to hear you are a cricket lover too.............and yes my fav of all the formats is test cricket, like you a traditionalist before anything else lol.

Do you have any fav players playing or retired???

I have just gotten home from watching Billy Connolly at the thearte (not live pre recorded lol). so sadly I missed the first WBBL so I have no idea who won.  but I gather from your message that the sixers won????  How did Healy go, did she get any runs?????  She can play that is for sure.........................

I go for the Renegades as my fav colour is red lol.   Not that I live in Melbourne or Victoria for that matter lol.

I am happy with the AFL trade period as Eddie Betts has come home to where he belongs!!!!!  mind you he should not have left Carlton in the first place lol!!!!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Unfortunately I agree with you both about the Wallabies chances of beating England tomorrow @Zoe7 @Flying_Hams . But I will be watching anyway. And you just never know.

Yes you ste so right about the nrl gf @Zoe7 . Annoys me every time I think about it. Gotta remember the Roosters first try was also scored in dodgy circumstances. Due to a Roosters trainer on the field and getting in the way and causing a turnover to Roosters. Just when Raiders would otherwise have scored unopposed. Weird rule that one. Fact is .. the Roosters trainer should not have been there getting involved in the play. Rule needs looking at.

Yes I think Taylor should do well at Swans .. A good player, despite a lack of opportunity this year. I agree with you about Hodge .. definitely a loss. Need an experienced head with an otherwise young inexperienced player group. But .. They are a year older now, with finals ecperience. Definitely contenders next year.

Okay bed time. Night ..

Sherry

I agree with everything you just wrote @Former-Member 👍

Goodnight Hon - hope you sleep well Heart

Night @Former-Member  

blessings and sweet dreams 

evening @Zoe7 

Hey @Scarecrowe You have Eddie back ...yea Smiley Very Happy 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ah .. Hi @Scarecrowe 👋

Gee, I have lots of favourite players. Oldies .. Lillee, Dougie (Walters).  More recently retired .. Gilchrist, Bevan, McGrath, Phil Hughes (😞), Clarke. Current players ... Smith, Starc. I have been to 2 days of an Ashes test at the MCG way back in .. umm .. maybe 2005? That was great. Also been to an AFL game between Swans and Essendon at the MCG. Fantastic sporting ground. I've also been to a few ODIs at the SCG.  And I have autographs from my hero Dougie Walters and also Lennie Pascoe ... remember him?  

Yes Syd 6s won tonight in the WBBL. Perry top scored with 81, but Healy was next best with 42 off 32. Healy is one of my fav womens players. And she seems like a really nice person too. Terrific player too, in all forms of cricket. Very efficient gloveman too.

Did you enjoy the Billy Connelly show? Glad you got Eddie Betts back ... should have another good year or two left in him.

Okay I must go .. an early start tomorrow.

Sherry

Oh @Zoe7   yes we have Eddie back lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how pleased I am about that.............I was a bit worried as it looked like it might not happen and when I found out he had signed I screamed the roof off the place (which is no mean feat as I live in a 2 storey unit lol).  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance