Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: All Things Sport...

Hi @Judi9877 I am a Penrith Panthers supporter and have been since 1991.

1000004025.jpg

My ex, who I am currently living with is a Melbourne Storm supporter. 

I don't follow AFL, but I used to follow Sydney Swans from 2005 until 2019. Only because that is when Heath Grundy played. I worked with his sister at a law firm and often spent time with the family.  When Health turned 21 the family flew over and I joined them. We watched him play at the Sydney Cricket Ground and then went out to celebrate his birthday. I got to meet and speak to Michael O'Loughlin, who I found was a really nice guy. Once Heath retired, I lost interest. So now I just look forward to watching my awesome team play each week.  I have been to Penrith and stayed in the hotel across from the oval. I would love to live there.

Are you a Melbourne Storm member? 

My partner that died had family in Melbourne and twice I stayed with them when Melbourne were playing Penrith. I very proudly wore my Penrith jacket amongst the sea of purple.  Lol

I am also a big V8 Supercar supporter (go Mustangs) and love burnout competitions and drag racing. 

poor old GWS, they lost 2 after leading now sounds. Guess they will learn from it

@Glisten 

Awesome work by daughter and son in law! Bet you're chuffed

@StuF They won the Malaga leg in their class 🎉

IMG_3754.jpeg

@Glisten 

😮👏👍😎

I promise this is the last time @StuF @Zoe7 @TAB @Mustang67 @Judi9877 @Bill16 

IMG_3756.jpeg

G

Most excellent @Glisten 

@StuF they had a most excellent adventure 

IMG_3760.gif

@Glisten  bodacious!

Anyway, bedtime here. Have a great night!

Good evening @Mustang67 @Zoe7 @StuF @Glisten @TAB @Shaz51 @tyme @Lauz @Emelia8 and all sports lovers here. I hope you’ve had a great weekend watching your favourite sports and that they won. I had a double win with both the Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Lions winning so I was a happy camper, especially on Saturday night after my lions won a very close match against GWS. Go the Brisbane Lions 🦁!

@Mustang67 I’m so happy you like the NRL even if it is the Panthers! I’m not a Melbourne Storm member but I did used to go to some games at AAMI Park - before COVID 19 came- but I still watch them on TV when they play. Have you met any of the players? My sister has met Wayne Bennett many years ago when the Broncos were staying in Coogee which was rather special as she’s a Broncos supporter. I’ve had the chance to meet Billy Slater and Cameron Smith and have got photos with them with my plush rabbit dressed in a Storm outfit from Build a Bear Workshop which both guys loved - Cameron said he was going to go to Build a bear to get 1 for his kids as he liked my bunny so much. Her name is Stormi and she’s been to several games including to a bunnies match and had her photo taken with the bunnies mascot. Billy lives near me in Melbourne but I rarely see him at our local shops - he’s got a horse stud and his wife is a very talented painter of horse portraits. May the best team win the Grand Final!

As for sports news,

- Week 1 of the NRL finals has been and gone with the following results being a win to the Panthers, Storm, Cowboys and Manly Sea Eagles. Week 2 sees the Storm and Panthers having the week off and advancing to Week 3 with the Storm playing the winner of either Manly or the Roosters and the Panthers playing the winner of the Cowboys or Sharks. I’m hoping the Storm play the roosters and we make it to the grand final to play the cowboys and win it as I’m not sure we’re good enough to defeat the panthers. 

IMG_6142.png

 - AFL- week 3 of the finals sees Sydney play Port Adelaide on Friday night in Sydney and Geelong play Brisbane at the MCG on Saturday afternoon to get into the grand final on 28th. I’m hoping the lions can go all the way and play Sydney in the big 1 but I’m not sure we can as the Lions don’t have a great record of winning at the MCG. A girl can always dream!

That’s all for me! May you continue to cheer loudly for your favourite teams and sports players!

Judi9877☺️🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance