Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Beezkneez
New Contributor

my struggle

Ive been struggling with mental illness since i was 12 years old, im  27 now and in those 27 years of life ive been through alot of crap, in 2012 i lost my mother to suicide ag 39, i miss her everyday and it was very hard me and my sister. in 2015 my sister lost her depression battle ag 18. I struggle with her death more then my mums, even after everything im still here, im still surving!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: my struggle

Hi @Beezkneez ,

Welcome to the forums, it is very brave to reach out and share your story. I am so sorry to hear you have been through so much loss recently and have had to struggle with mental illness since you were very young. I can also hear your resilience through all of these difficult experiences. 

I hope you find the forums a really helpful and supportive place. I wanted to let you know about the Introduce Yourself Here thread, which can be another space to let people know about yourself, however there is no obligation to post there.

If you want to mention another member just put an @ in front of their name and they will receive a notifcation of your post. 

I hope to see you more on the forums Smiley Happy

Tortoiseshell 

That is all we can do sometimes @Beezkneez ...survive - and hope that the future has more in store for us to hold onto. 

It must be so hard dealing with those losses but you are here and reaching out for support - welcome to the forum Smiley Happy There is an introductory thread here where others can get to know you a bit more. It is a great place for existing members to meet new members also. Take a look around the forum also and if you have any questions then ask Smiley Happy

I hope you find this the caring and compassionate place I do and can connect with people who share some of your experiences.

Hi @Beezkneez 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing.  I was diagnosed bipolar a year ago after a pretty severe manic episode.  Maybe I was before for a long time too, I don't know.   I to hope you can find some comfort an support here.  As a part time, want to be beekeeper I like your nick 🙂

Welcome to this wonderful community @Beezkneez, and thanks for sharing your story. You must be very resilient to have come through those experiences, sending you love Heart Look forward to seeing you in some of the other threads on here

Just want to send a ❤ to a fellow 27yo. Wishing you healing and resilience. X

I have also experienced mental illness since the age of 12.I have been suicidal and went a bit mad went my mother passed away in 2001.My anxiety has been chronic at times as has the depression and schizophrenia.If I can inspire you in a way by saying I have indeed survived.I am 50 in October!
If I
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance