Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The pain within

@Serenity1 @eudemonism @Appleblossom @outlander hello everyone, hope all going well. I am having severe anxiety attack since Thursday afternoon. Trying to distract myself and stay occupied. Very hard to do when I am so agitated and can’t do anything but pace around. Relationship with mum is root cause of this. Too hard to resolve.

just taking it bit by bit.

Wish you all a great day.

relationships are hard sometimes hey @Meowmy ive got a strained relationship with basically everyone around me mostly my mother and grandfather though.
does anything help you besides distracting yourself to help ease your anxiety?

@Meowmy sorry to hear you are struggling with such severe anxiety- I am also- hope you can enjoy your day 💖

@Serenity1 hope you will feel better soon.

@outlander I wish some things work for my severe anxiety. Thursday night, I was so agitated I couldn’t do anything but pacing around until I was so tired and fell asleep. But the next morning was a bit better.

severe anxiety really sucks @Meowmy 
have you tried controlled breathing, meditation or PMR? some people think tai chi or yoga helps, maybe thats worth ago as well?
hot baths with bubbles?
talking it out with someone?
colouring in or some sort of puzzle like findaword,cross words or an actual piece-to-piece puzzle?

edit- sorry hadnt tagged you properly 

@outlander Thanks. When I had the worst of it Thursday night, I couldn’t do anything. But I feel a bit better in myself. Next time, it comes, I will try your suggestions. Thanks again.

no worries
theres a few threads i can tag you to with coping methods if you like? @Meowmy

@outlander That will be great. I really need coping methods. It sucks when nothing works. Thanks again.

no worries @Meowmy ill go searching for them and tag you. hopefully something there will help. its taken me ages to find some things that work well for me when my anxiety is high but ive got a few things now. it can be trial and error so try not to despiar if the first thing you try doesnt work. also takes practice as well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance