Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Help with boundry statagies

Thank you @Former-Member .

The latest is she sent my Mum a text saying no one cares and she is going to end it last night, which she didn't see until this morning and is very upset. 

I just don't know what to do anymore. If i try to put in boundries I get this happening. It is a vicious cycle at the moment. 

I don't even know if it is BPD or trauma or what. I will have a look at the site though xx

@Janiee  I had wondered whether my hubby had BPD when his emotions and behaviour were more volatile with delusional thinking involved .... in fact the entire chsp things probably falls under delusional because he thinks in hiding it everyone thinks he is no longer engaged in it, despite bringing a “truckload” of chsp foods and paraphernalia home every day, and leaving the house each time with rubbish bags in hand ..... and picked up a book called Stop Walking On Eggshells, which teaches you how to find boundaries with abusive behaviours.

Although my psychologist at the tome believed it wasn’t BPD (it’s likely the diagnosis will eventually be OCPD as it has been diagnosed in another family member and appears to be a fit) the counsellir recommended that I continue reading the book anyway, because he felt the knowledge and strategies recommended in it would be helpful for me in my situation anyway.

I hope this helps you.

Have gone and bought that book you recommended @Faith-and-Hope . I just tried to call her but went to medsagebank, so obviously my mind is going a million miles an hour. 

She went to my friends place (who called the ambulance ) this morning to get her stuff and told her that my friend didn't love her because she called the ambulance. Which obviously the total opposite is true. 

I can not begin to understand her thinking at the moment.

@Janiee 

Sending very gentle thoughts your way.

I had a good read of that site you sent me @Former-Member. It was really good, I think it helped to reminded me that its MI that is talking to me and not my beautiful girl. Its hard to remember that sometimes when she is in the middle of an episode. 

I started reading that book and had to stop, it was a bit raw at the moment. When I find out she is safe, I will start it again. I just sat there bawling @Faith-and-Hope 

She has been seen today food shopping and spoke to my cousins wife, who said she seemed fine. So as relieved as i am  I'm also angry over how worried she has so many people and she honestly thinks no one cares. Its beyond me. I think she is trying to punish me for trying to implement boundries. Anyway, thats where we stand at the moment xx @Former-Member  @Faith-and-Hope  @Faith-and-Hope  @Shaz51 

Such a gorgeous photo @Former-Member  xx

It’s the illness having its way with her @Janiee.  It’s one of the toughest places to be ..... waiting for “rock bottom” and a diagnosis ..... strung out emotionally and unable to make much sense of it all .....

Counter-weight with as much self-care as you can ..... it’s very important to support your own health under this sort of pressure.

❤️💕

@Janiee  thinking.of you at the moment. 

@Janiee, thinking of you lots HeartHeart

here for you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance