Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sandy07
New Contributor

Bipolar 2

Its been over 2 years since I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 and last time I posted on here I was about to start taking a mood stabiliser. Introducing this medication has changed my life! After living a rollercoaster life for over 20 years I am now in the best headspace ever. I realise not everyone will have the same experience but maybe this post will give others hope that a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment can make a huge difference to quality of life

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bipolar 2

hello @Sandy07

my husband was diagnosed with lots of things before being diagnosed with Bipolar 2 which he thought he had for years

lots of years he was just on anti depressants that did not really help but then he was put on anti anxiety meds as well which has helped but heplays yoyo with his meds which I don`t think that helps

it is wonderful to hear tha it has helped you soo much -- way to go my friend

what other ways do you think that helped you on your journey to now xx

Hi @Sandy07,

Thanks so much for sharing this. That is really wonderful. Kind of you to take the time to come back and visit, even though things have improved for you.

hello @Sandy07, how are you today Smiley HappyHeart

@Sandy07

I was diagnosed in 2009 with bp2, depression and dysthymia. Like you mood stabilisers changed my life for the better.

I had been misdiagnosed in 2003 with bp1 and adhd. So 6 years of the wrong meds (10)I knew when I took the mood stabilisers I was on the right path.

Recently I have had light headaches and trouble getting to sleep. My doctor suggested instead of taking all the dose in the morning, to split it to half and half in the evening- now I fall to sleep much easier.

This thread is a good example why sufferers should be positive and have hope that there is always room for improvement. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sandy07 @Whiteknight

Would you mind if as a carer of my husband who has been diagnosed with BPii  I ask you some questions?

Did you ask for or were you given any evidence in relation to efficacy when the mood stabiliser was prescribed? 

Are you on monotherapy (one drug only)?

Had you ever tried another drug in the same class?  

Is anxiety a major issue for you? 

Thank you 

Darcy

Hi @Sandy07, that’s so great to hear. I’m embarking on the meds journey and glad to hear it’s been helpful for you. If I may ask, are you having any side effects? I’m worried about how I would cope with these.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance