Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: an@y tips for sleeping when you're bipolar

Hi Jane,

I think the other replies provide you with good advice to consider.

The only other thing i'd add in is to just accept what is happening and be comfortable about it, if you become anxious that you can't sleep that most certainly won't help!

I love the taste of camomile and creating art/studying at night 🙂

Chamomile and study is a great combo @Former-Member, that'll help most people relax Smiley Happy

Did get to sleep last night when i thought i might not! 🙂 🙌 🙌 🙌 (i get into periods where i sleep every second night). Put 6 relaxing Jack Johnson songs on loop. Thank God for tunes! 

Jack Johnson is so calming @Jenn4, give me banana pancakes any day! Glad to hear that you got to sleep last night. Hope you are able to sleep tonight too. 

Yes i slept from 8:30 to 7:30 with no help 🙂 (woke up at 5 something (been waking early a lot which is unusual for me) but then got back to sleep 🙂 ). I was stressed when i woke at 7:30 but then put Jack Johnson back on and now i am gooodd. Love that man.

Re: any tips for sleeping when you're bipolar

I think paper would really help, like a notebook or something.

Re: any tips for sleeping when you're bipolar

I've been diagnosed bipolar for last 12 months, but, have at times always had some diffuculty getting to sleep.  The technique I use the most is one I used in High school.  Basically boring yourself to sleep by counting backwards from 100 and visualising all of the numbers in your head.  Sometimes simple is the best way.  Normally I don't make it past 90, but, its something I've worked on for a long time.  Might take a bit longer when you first start doing it.  

I agree with the posts about Jack Johnson, in between dreams should do the trick as well!!! 😉

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance