Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Going to photography club with S2 a lovely idea @Determined . It could work either to complement an on line course or as a stand alone.  

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Former-Member 

Checked out some cameras for s2 this ave with darling. Have picked out the one I want to get him.  Given the $ involved part of me thinks I should give him the opportunity to choose from a limited selection.  But that would spoil the supprise. Or mean he has to wait longer 🤔

The one I like is a good price atm. Less than advertised on the website. 

S2 is having a hard time with school atm.

He was quite upset. I am so stressed about it I feel dizzy. I was going to fire off an email to the principal except S2 begged me not to because he thinks it will make things worse with the bully involved (former friend jealous about having to share) 

Trying to explain to him some times it is better to walk away. He keeps asking how he he is supposed to do that... ummm. Dunno.

. I used to respond exactly the same way. 

He is his own worst enemy but his problem is in response not initiating problems. He has a big heart. Just emotionally challenged like his parents. 

Still no news on the UNI front @Former-Member  @Smc 

I received feedback today that my enquiry which was escalated to a complaint due to lack of response has been escalated to the highest possible level due to lack of progress. I am a little bewildered that what I thought was a simple question has blown up to be so big. Apparently I am far from the only student on campus with issues for my particular degree program. 

I am feeling more at ease though at finishing whith what I have done if that is an option.
My preference is to defer that decision untill the end of the year so I am not making big decisions in an emotionally challanged state.  So still I wait.  

There is still 5 weeks until the start of next semester so I have at least that long to make a decision. 

Checking in @Determined 

Thanks @Former-Member  a little down but holding together. Just. 

Went for a ride on my bike this afternoon. First time in weeks. I have not been riding as my balance has been off. And I have been too tired to bother anyway. 

Well this ave S2 wanted a photo of me on my bike for a biography he is writing for a school English assignment. Once that was over I figured. I'm dressed up now and bike is out may as well go for a ride. 😁😁😁😁😍

It was only 15min but felt much more relaxed after. So a win on the self care front. 

Finally caught up with my boss today re job options going forward.

I tried calling him over a week ago but he was too busy and was going to call me back but never did. Called me today about something different so I was able to talk to him then.  Short story is that for 2 out of my 3 study options going forward I  am guaranteed a job at least untill the end of the year. 

Re study options I am still waiting waiting waiting for answers 😡

It is stressing me out as I don't think my questions were at all difficult. 

Had an 'are you # serious' moment with a sibling this afternoon.

Darling has been getting anxious about water at the front of our house and worries about a water leak. (It has been raining and little sun to dry it out so water leak unlikely). Well I was explaining to darling it was due to the rain when sibling piped in we have not had that much rain. ??? Could see darlings anxiety going through the roof immediately. 

He thought it was funny winding her up.  I just cant understand how anyone can find that sort of thing funny even if they are ignorant to the fallout it creates.  😡

He was having a giggle about it later when she was not there so was told rather bluntly if he did it again my response would not be as diplomatic as it was this time round. He just gave me a stupid look indicating he clearly is clueless. 

@Determined, I assume you've checked the water meter? If all the taps are turned off but the numbers are ticking over you probably do have a leak... if they're not, your Darling's mind can be quickly reassured.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance