Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Pets as therapy and for our wellbeing

Heart @Former-Member

Hi @Former-Member

thank you for tagging me in here,  I have two little poodle cross dogs. They were rescue dogs,  one is ten the other eight.  They are very sweet and can comfort me a lot at times.  When I am really down or stressed I can lose my temper with them, I don’t hurt them or anything  but it can be too much to have to give attention to another living thing I have to care for.  I don’t want to care for anything again. 

Peri

@Aussiered 

I just responded to your introduction a little while ago ...... and I thought you may be interested in reading through this thread about pets as therapy.  Since you are training your dog to be an assistance dog, I would love to hear more about her, and also about how you go about training a dog to do what you need of her.  For example what organisations do you need to go through to get them fully trained and certified?

I would very much welcome your input here.

Sherry 

Hello @Former-Member , @Peri , @Appleblossom , @Zoe7 , @NatalieS 

@Former-Member, I love that photo of Holly Heart,

Thanks @Shaz51 😊

@Boonana  - here is a thread you may enjoy having a bit of a read through when you get a chance.  Its a feel good thread.  Would love for you to contribute when or if you would like to.

Hello also to @Zoe7 @Appleblossom 

@Peri @Starta  I hope your best buddies are taking good care of you both.

Sherry 🌺🐶🧡

Thanks @Former-Member I might have a read of this thread later tonight when I can go through it all.

Yes no problems at all @Boonana .  It is a thread which is nice to read through when things are quiet or you need a distraction from other thoughts.  Just keep it in mind for when you need that.  There are a number of tips and suggestions in there as well, which you might find helpful.  

Stay safe @Boonana 

Sherry 💕

Thanks
I look forward to reading it!

@eclipse 

Here is another thread you might enjoy having a read through. 

I would welcome any further contribution from you as well. 🌸

Sherry 

@Former-Member 

Even since I can remember animals has been a major part of my life, and growing up without human friends until year 8. My animal friends had gifted me with unconditional love, laughter, trust, and more. Although most has now passed away, Kate my little girl (15yro pomm X) is my life and partner in crime. She senses anxiety attack before I. We've literally have no idea what i'd do without her. 

Sounds like you and Holly is the same a bit. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance